Given the recent resignation of J-P Fourie as the Executive Officer of SAVCA, the SAVCA Board would like to extend an invitation to all SAVCA members to consider nominating suitably qualified replacement candidates for the role of Executive Officer of SAVCA. Members can do so by directing nominations directly to Emile Du Toit at Harith Fund Managers and must do so by no later than 31 January 2012.
Job Title: Executive Officer, South African Venture Capital and Private Equity Association (SAVCA)
SAVCA, a not-for-profit entity founded to promote, develop and stimulate private equity and venture capital in South Africa, seeks an individual to serve as its Executive Officer.
Provide the association with overall management and oversee all strategic, operational, financial, and administrative aspects.
· Promote the venture capital and private equity industry in South Africa;
· Represent the profession within Africa and internationally;
· Advocate to improve the enabling environment for the industry in South Africa, especially in relation to regulation, taxation and education on the industry;
· Stimulate the expansion of venture capital and private equity;
· Maintain and service the SAVCA membership base;
· Circulate industry information to members, stakeholders and the outside world;
· Stimulate and maintain contacts within the membership;
· Initiate and supervise SAVCA’s research, conferences, training, surveys and publications;
· Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with African and other Venture Capital Associations;
· Ensure administrative and financial management of the Association;
· Coordinate the activities and input of the SAVCA Board.
Education and Experience:
· Graduate degree in Business or Finance preferred;
· Strong business development and/or fundraising background;
· Strong financial background;
· Strong interest in developing the venture capital and private equity sector;
· Ability to interact and negotiate at senior management level;
· Strong marketing, presentational and public speaking skills;
· Strong leadership and project management skills;
· Ability to manage a diverse team and partner relationships;
· Integrity, autonomy, self-confidence, and energy;
· Innovative and entrepreneurial approach;
· Flexibility to travel in Africa and internationally.
· This position reports directly to the Board.
Author : SAVCA